Friday, April 10, 2015

Workout Log + Fitbit love

So the reason I haven't posted any workout updates is because it's been pretty much the same every week. I've been doing really well sticking to my workout schedule- I've been doing a minimum of 60 minutes, 5-6 days a week.

Mondays are elliptical and Stairmaster, and usually a walk around the neighborhood.
Tuesdays are 20 minutes of elliptical and the circuit training class. Sometimes I fit in a walk also.
Wednesday I've been staying home from the Y and getting my 60 minutes of exercise in at home, usually in the form of a walk or bike ride.
Thursdays are like Tuesdays.
Fridays are either a Zumba class or like Mondays.

Having the Fitbit to track my progress has been awesome, to say the least. I only ever wore my Body Bugg to workout because it was way too ugly and bulky to wear all the time. The Fitbit is great because it's sleek, neutral, and doubles as a watch (apparently I can even get caller ID on it but have yet to get that going, because, let's face it, I always have my phone with me).

I very much respond to positive reinforcement and because of that pesky quality, I was super motivated to get my 10,000 steps a day this week! I achieved that goal every day but Thursday (although, at 9,280 steps, I came pretty close and had over an hour of exercise).

Friday was my best day by far!





As much as I love my circuit training class, I haven't decided if I'm going to sign up for the next 6 week block. I'm considering switching my strength training focus to using the weight machines (circuit training uses resistance machines) and barbells. My favorite exercises in class are the ones where we use the ViPR and do squats, deadlifts, lunges or the clean and jerk. Those are classic weight lifting moves so that tells me it's time to overcome my fear of the barbells and that area of the gym.

Are you intimidated by the weight equipment at the gym? Do you do strength training and if so, what do you do?


No comments:

Post a Comment