Friday, August 21, 2015

My Strange Addiction...

When I first joined the Y, I fully intended to go to group exercise classes.
Then, I went to Zumba a few times.


That, my friends, is exactly what I looked like. (Psst- if you have an ad blocker that video may not play for you and you'd seriously be missing out)

I went once or twice but my complete lack of coordination combined with the full size mirrors showing my full size reflection, and I just couldn't deal. #ihaveissues



So I stopped going and stuck to the machines. Then a friend I'd gotten to know through the Y started teaching a fight class, and having taken kickboxing, I braved the wall-o-mirrors again, at least confident that I'd know the moves. And I had so much fun!

Then Y friends started tagging me on Facebook for upcoming Zumba classes and I was getting SO SICK of the elliptical and I just thought, 'what the hell" and went to a class. I stuck to the back so I wouldn't have to stare at the clumsy girl in the mirror and I had such a good time!  

So the next time I had the urge to be hermit-like and go back to the machines, I reminded myself of how much fun I had and forced myself to go again. And again. And again.

Suddenly I was going twice a week. Then three times. Before I knew it I was ordering Zumba shoes. Now I go at least 3 times a week (sometimes more), and I've even doubled up on classes (Zumba + Fight, or Zumba in morning + at night)!!! And I am started to learn the basic steps which makes it a little easier to pick up new routines (although my moves still far more resemble an awkward hippo mating ritual more than anything dance-related).

this basically sums up my whole post








No comments:

Post a Comment