Friday, March 27, 2015

I rocked workouts this week!!!

So, my determination to break this freaking weight loss plateau is at an all time high right now. I was able to fuel that motivation to get my butt to the gym this week, even when I didn't feel like it.



It is much easier to sit on the couch with a soft blanket and scowl at your husband for taking unflattering pictures of you.

We hiked last Saturday, then took Sunday off. Monday I did 35 minutes on the elliptical (my activity tracker picked it up as "vigorous" exercise vs "moderate", so I was working hard), and 10 minutes on the StairMaster. I also walked for a half hour that day. Tuesday was my circuit training class. I usually get there early enough to warm up on the elliptical for 10-15 minutes. That day I got 15 minutes in on the elliptical, followed by the 45 minute class. Actually, looking back, my total activity level on Tuesday was insane- an hour and 27 minutes of moderate activity, and 31 minutes of vigorous activity. I definitely didn't try to get 2 hours of exercise, but it can't hurt. Wednesday's workout was like Monday's, with the extra walk again. On Thursday, the gym was the last place I felt like going, but I dragged my ass in there, and of course I felt great. Class totally killed me! We did a ton of weighted squats, deadlifts, squats with overhead lifts, and other exercises my mind has blocked out in the haze of muscle pain.

no but this picture is killing me


I was toying with the idea of going to Zumba today and taking a rest day tomorrow, but I was so sore and my husband wants to go work out tomorrow, so I gave my body a much needed day of slothliness.


a sloth's still gotta eat healthy


Workout goals for the coming week? Get my butt to Zumba at least once. I also want to break my 11 minute barrier on the StairMaster. I mentioned in an earlier post that it's my new favorite exercise machine. That may be a bit hyperbolic, but I am amazed at how such a simple concept/machine can get the heart rate up so effectively! Even at the lowest level, I am working HARD- which is my number one goals when working out- I don't see the point in driving all the way to the Y only to put in a half-ass effort. When I'm there, I'm there to sweat my butt off!!!

Anyways, I found an interesting blog post about starting on the StairMaster- this guy started a virtual skyscraper collection, creating a list of buildings around the world equivalent to the amount of floors he climbs in his workouts. My max so far has been 20 floors, but I definitely think this is a really cool idea!


No comments:

Post a Comment