Saturday, February 7, 2015

Excuses, Excuses

I think I've declared this to be a weight loss blog. That is my hope for it, at least. I may have lost 80 lbs, but I'm still technically obese, and have at least 50 more to go. My total weight loss since June has been... 0.0 lbs.

That's right, folks. I've been in a plateau for over 6 months.

I do realize that not being able to properly exercise for around 4 months didn't help. I am not one of those who can lose weight without working out. I have read countless times that weight loss is 80% diet, 20% exercise.



Seriously, try telling my body that. I eat far, far healthier than I did 2 years ago. And I'm a much, much more active person than I was back in early 2013.

But lately I've decided that it's time to get real.

When I was routinely losing weight last year, I was walking at least a half hour every morning and/or afternoon, and doing 30 minutes of more intense cardio- running, or videos (usually T-25 or Jillian Michaels), and hiking most weekends. Now I sometimes walk when I can fit it in (the last month or 2 it's been around once or twice a week), run, and hike most weekends. It's time to add the extra walk back in there on top of my runs, and round out my running rest days with either an extra walk, video, or a bike ride.


I can guarantee you I don't look this adorable on a bike


As far as eating goes, while a vegan diet naturally lends itself to be healthier for the most part, it doesn't make the weight magically fly off.




But we've found ourselves eating out more than usual. When we eat at home, we've been doing a lot of quick meals that aren't as nutritious. I still eat more fruits and vegetables than the average person, but I know there's a ton of improvement to be had.

This week I said enough with these excuses, ramped up my activity level, and ate cleaner. Also, and this may sound counter-intuitive, I've decided to take a break from the scale. It affects how I feel way too much. I know I'm working really hard, and my body will catch up eventually.

To help myself in getting these changes to stick, I'm going to make weekly goals and check in with you guys either throughout the week or at the end of the week.

My goals this week are:

- continue going to bed early/getting up early
- do at least one HIIT workout
- keep taking my extra walk at least 4 of the 5 weekdays
- eat (nutritious) meals at home at least 5 of the 7 dinners



 

 Share your goals for the week, health or otherwise!





No comments:

Post a Comment